Speaking up, standing up

There are several things that comes to mind when operating a site like this- what if I loose my job.. or what if I get jailed for saying or publishing something wrong. It was way past midnight but I needed an answer, hence posed this question to Wee Choo Keong. He was returning from his final ceramah rounds- the answer I got was- if matters got really controversial, and there was a need to own up, just stand up and own upla.
For a moment, I thought I was mixing with the wrong crowd. What about the repurcussions?
I did not ask him that but reflected for awhile. The answer is the opportunity cost of things. It's either me or the generation after mine. I would rather be jailed than to let my children be jailed for speaking up. You see, we are guardians of our future families in our right. That right was bestowed upon us at birth time. It is congenital, a birthmark.
We are at crossroads now, the point of decision-making. If that decision made is wrong, the impact is collective and downstream. It hits the present and future society. It is our duty to convince ourselves and the people surrounding us not to vote for tyrants. And it is our duty to help the indecisive make up their minds.
The statistics may be against us to do an overnight change this Election, but, this should not stop us from starting the change. We must start now so that we will get there eventually. The change starts in our own constituency right here right now. Let's vote out BN, wherever they are. As Churchill put it '...we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender...'
If you've got something lengthy to say, send it to me.

1 comment:

  1. wow. very inspiring! keep up the good work...people do visit this page...and you'll never know where your influence stops...:)

    ReplyDelete