Why would I vote for DSAI?
1) He is the only hope currently to bring change to Malaysia. He was able to bring the rakyat's hope of a strong opposition to live through Pakatan Rakyat.
2) You may not trust him, but you have to trust his wife and family. For a man to have such strong unfaltering family support, he must be a good man.
3) He has been beaten and downtrodden, could have left the country and build a good life overseas, but chose to stay and fight it out.
4) He has brains, knows what he's talking about, and yet is not arrogant in his manners.
Why would I vote against BN?
1) I do not doubt Datuk Arif Shah Omar's capability, he looks like a nice man, unfortunately he stands in the wrong party. The fact is BN has not changed after GE-13 and will never change judging from their conduct recently.
2) Although the natural reaction of voters should be to vote for who can serve them well in the constituency, our country is at crossroads right now, and we should look at the bigger picture. Do we want a longkang serving MP, or do we want someone who can bring the nation's grievances to Parliament? Time and time again we put BN candidates with great track record on the stands, but yet they fail us when issues arise. Take for example the hike in fuel price, where all the BN MPs supported the motion.
3) There is only one reason why people still vote for a BN candidate, it's called self-interest. Only people who want to continue securing their business links would vote for BN.
Voters of Permatang Pauh, we have seen you fight ever since 1998, and all of us have emulated your conduct in the GE-13. I have no doubt a resounding victory will be delivered, the question is of what margin? And that is up to you Permatang Pauh voters. This is the time to show your dissatisfaction and protest against corruption, cronyism and racial politics.