Give us a chance, PM asks Chinese

It seems that BN administration is banking on ruling by propaganda and advertising. From Mahathir's "Bersih, Cekap dan Amanah", to Badawi's "work with me not for me" and now Najib's "1Malaysia"

I remember this Malay proverb "Jangan ibarat ayam bertelur riuh sekampung"

If you are doing the right things, you need not advertise, we rakyat and tax payers can feel it ourselves.

Right now, what register in my mind is Malaysia getting unsafe, our purchasing power is threatened by rising prices (such as petrol, electricity etc) as well as a sense of dread on the impact of GST; as well as the constant accusation and name calling of non-Malays as pendatang, beggars, prostitutes and "certain irresponsible parties"; deflecting citizens claim for civil rights by calling such initiative as threatening one race's right, here is a gem of a plead that would nearly made me puke.


'Give us a chance’, PM asks Chinese

Since I am a "Chinese" (I prefer to call myself Malaysian) then I am entitled to respond since Najib asks me.

For us to trust UMNO and Barisan Nasional, we look at deeds and we look at the substance expressed by UMNO and BN. The actions and words must be consistent but it seems even Najib's No. 2 can be seen to be contradicting himself.

Muhyiddin under fire
21 Apr 09 : 8.00AM

FOR the week of 13 to19 April 2009, the Chinese media focused on Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin's controversial statement about the Chinese Malaysian community; reactions to the increasingly racist slant in articles published in Utusan Malaysia; and a Media Prima directive concerning the Altantuya Shaariibuu case.


Muhyiddin: BN has united the various races

PORT DICKSON, Oct 5 — Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said the government will not allow any quarter to disrupt racial unity in the country and will promptly act against those who played up sensitive racial issues.

....................


"In BN, we want to focus on fostering racial unity. Alhamdulillah, the racial ties have been forged. If there are people who use racial issues to stoke anger and hatred, and thus create problems, we have the Sedition Act to deal with them so that they don't simply play up such issues."

Yeah sure, I am sure the Nasir chap, heroic Ahmad Ismail, Perkasa, Gapena and the jolly group of racial centric believers have their own opinion about the above as well and I would very much like them to publicised a holistic presentation of their nation building concept.

p.s. UMNO's sincerity might be assessed via this disclosure.


2 comments:

  1. Frankly I've been giving BN a chance to improve themselves, all my adult blogging life. But one thing I can't stomach is that I'm forced to accept my status as second class, and not equal class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. unfortunately, I understood what BN's policy stood for since my pre-puberty days....thanks to constant ranting of my dad...

    even the book by Lim Kit Siang, Malaysia in the Dangerous 1980's is surprisingly similar in theme against the back drop of issues that we are facing in the 21st century

    ReplyDelete