Potholes in Wangsa Maju

My poor car. I'm lucky, because some motorcyclist will be whinning 'my poor head' or 'my poor leg'.



I can't give good examples of potholes because they are almost everywhere in Wangsa Maju. It's either Yew Teong Look's blind or don't travel by road. If elected, Wee Choo Keong better do something about it. I notice the causes of holes are:



-wear and tear, natural deterioration

-manholes which eventually become potholes after a few layers of tar laying

-work-in-progress: most contractors do not put proper signage when they leave for the night. My car once plunged into dug-up trench in Section 2. I could not see it as the street lamp somehow was not working. Cost of repairs ->RM250 for bumper alignment because it nearly came off. Deep hole.



These potholes are a threat to safety. It's not only the possibility of motorists running over them but when car drivers or motorcyclist try to avoid the holes they may hit each other. The following issues need to be addressed:



-contractors need to adopt safety practices such as putting WIP (work-in-progress/ caution/ awas)signages

-constant road maintenance

No comments:

Post a Comment